Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What are you having to trust God with right now?

I saw this question posted and realized this needs to be my day to encourage you.

For me, trusting that "God's got my back" didn't happen at once. It was through a series of trials that my faith in Him has grown.  I've also made a choice to surround myself with those of the same mind set.

One of my favorite verses that I pray for myself and others is James 1:2-4 " Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, when face trial of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking nothing." (If you have time to read all of chapter 1, read it. If you don't have a bible for to www.biblegateway.com and search James 1.)

I wish I could say that I've gotten to the point where I consider it 100% joy when I face trials. What I do hold tight to is the fact that God is trying to strengthen me so that my life can be used to make an impact in others.

Friends....I love God. I absolutely believe He is real and has a purpose for my life and yours, I know that life is more than my happiness and contentment. I know he has more than we can ever imagine. And just so you don't forget, God absolutely loves you and hasn't forgotten you.

There are days that I shake my head and say "Satan, you will not defeat me!" You know those days, they start off crazy...

>Can't get the kids moving in the morning
>House is a wreck
>Van doesn't start
>School calls with sick kids
.Propane tank goes empty... eight hours and $100 later you are starting to thaw out.
>You forget to set the trash out from the previous week
>Big fight with the hubby because you stepped in dog poop.
>The kids leave the van to go into the school building and as you turn and drive off you realize you forgot to brush their hair.

And we all know the list goes on and on.

It's these little things that add up and usually all in one day or one week. It's just too much for us to handle and Satan in his little crafty mind thinks...."All I need to do is one more thing until she cracks and denies God. I can do this."

Well friends, that is why you'll always here me say and sometimes I scream it out loud (lol) " Satan, YOU will not defeat me."

All this to say...What is God asking you to trust him with today? I'm praying you take one baby step in that direction. Just one. I have no doubt you have big obstacles in front of you, but I know God wants to walk beside you each step of the way. And from experience I can promise you it's nice to know I have someone to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment